Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
BWR
  • BWR
    Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:19 pm

Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself and tell yall what a great thing yall have here. First off, my name is Brad and I have a small business where I do mechanic work on heavy diesel and also do welding and fab work. I have watched some of the great videos Jody has put up on the site and I have read through some of the posts, great stuff guys keep it coming.
Bigben
    Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:14 pm

welcome
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Hey! Welcome aboard! Lots of brains to pick here. Weldors of all levels and more than willing to answer your questions.
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

Brad,
Welcome to the forum.

You have more than a few of us that work on trucks and trailers. What part of the world are you from? Feel free to ask questions and answer ones that others post when you can. You'll be surprised what you can learn from this site and what we can learn from you. You're right when you say we have a great thing going here, it's like having a neighbor that you can ask for help that doesn't borrow your tools. :)

I think you'll find us friendly and helpful ,though you'll have to put up with your threads being highjacked and some ball busting now and then, but it's all good.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len
BWR
  • BWR

Hey Len, its good to be on here. Everyone seems really helpful on here so far and good helpful advice is hard to come by sometimes. I hope I can be of some help to someone on here i have done all kinds of different things over the years. Also to answer your question Im in southern West Virginia.
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

Brad,
We'll not hold that WV thing against you. :) We have others here from your area, one from Gassaway comes to mind.

I'm guessing if they haven't fixed I-64 since the last time I was through there that you could stay busy rebuilding trucks and trailers that it beats to death. I used to get down that way when I was still driving but that's been a few years now since I got off the road.

Like I said, feel free to contribute where you can, plenty of young guys come here looking for advice.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len
BWR
  • BWR

Lol believe it or not I get the WV thing often. And the roads, well I think they just gave up. I wish I saved some pictures from a job we just finished so i would have something to show. We added 3 feet of frame to a truck, moved the rear axle back 2 feet, extended the drive shaft, and put a 24 feet box on it. I will have to start saving some pictures and posting them, someone may find them interesting.