Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
drross
    Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:08 pm

Hello to Everyone and a special shout out to Jody,
I am excited to dive into the world of welding. I make my living as a Chiropractor. I've been an avid woodworker for the past 40 years with only limited stick experience 30 years ago. So I am a rank beginner.

I got turned on to welding by a woodworker AskWoodMan.com who did a You Tube series on welding for woodworkers. After pouring through tons of welding videos I found Jody and I love your videos. You have found the sweet spot in how to produce them. There are lots of excellent welders out there trying to share their knowledge but making a video that is informative, not boring and entertaining is apparently not so easy. You have found the formula and I for one really appreciate your efforts. Not to mention your impressive skill set.

I was originally going to start with a cheap box from Harbor Freight but just couldn't decide what would be best until I saw the multi-process Everlast Power MTS200 mig/tig/stick and decided to go for it. I pulled the trigger a few days ago and can’t wait to get it and get started practicing.

Jody thanks for all you do and to the whole supportive online community. What a great group of people.
cheers
Dr Ross
Everlast PowerMTS 200 multi-process 200A Mig/lift Tig, 175A stick, Dual voltage DC only
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Welcome aboard! Jody doesn't come around much but I know he reads the boards. This is a great place with alot of knowledgable weldors about who are more than willing to help someone. I think Jody is so good that he only attracts the best. 8-)
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
BWR
  • BWR
    Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:19 pm

Welcome to the forum, you will find good solid info here from welders to fabricators and so on.
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum Dr Ross.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
drross

Thanks Guys. I appreciate the warm welcome. It's great for a rookie like me to have access to such a kind, knowledgeable group of pros. I have a question about running a circuit to run my welder, but am not sure where, or how to post it.
Where do I start a new topic?

Thanks again

From the comments I'm reading it seems like welding is a lot like medical research -

"as soon as you are sure your right you are almost assuredly not".
Everlast PowerMTS 200 multi-process 200A Mig/lift Tig, 175A stick, Dual voltage DC only
    Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:49 am

drross wrote: "as soon as you are sure your right you are almost assuredly not".
Welcome, I find your statement very accurate when it comes to aluminum :?

To post a new topic go to the subforum you think fits best and hit the new topic button just above the thick blue line.
In your case I guess the general shop talk forum would suit.
Dont bother too much though, mods will move it if they think it fits better elsewhere. Thats their job, and they do it real good.
Better to ask in wrong forum than not at all

On edit, since you managed this topic you probably figured out the "how" part of your question. Just me being slow... :lol:
drross

Thanks.
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

drross wrote:I have a question about running a circuit to run my welder, but am not sure where, or how to post it.
Where do I start a new topic?
Welcome to the forums! Seems like the "General Shop Talk" forum would be a good spot for this. Many new welders (including me) get their start by connecting their 220v welder into the dryer circuit at the house. Somewhere there may be a "spouses of hobby welders" forum where they complain about having to share the dryer...?
Dave
aka "RTFM"