Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
Afilatov
    Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:09 pm

Hi all,

No spring chicken here. Set myself up with a everlast 160 STH and all the goodies minus a foot pedal which is next. First bead was horrible, but after about 10 beads starting to lay down like messy dimes.

Goal is to weld an airframe out of 4130. Biggest challenge is its really thin walled tubing- .045 and .063. Some .190

Got ballsy and tried to weld a bold to the end of 1/2" .035 wall 4130. Blew right through the tube end... So that's what I'm here to learn to do... Weld tubing. Looking forward to contributing and learning. And a lot of thanks to Jody for making me believe in myself... If already learned that welding is an art! Not everyone can paint a picture, but with enough practice you can get there. The Bob Ross of welding.
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

welcome to the forum
a few pictures and settings will
help the masters here point you in the
right direction.
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
BWR
  • BWR
    Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:19 pm

Welcome to the form, you came to the right place to get help and advice.
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Welcome aboard! 52 y/o lifelong welder just got back into tig after 15 years off so I know how you feel. Ass time and Jodys videos will get you up to speed in no time. Highly recommend the foot pedal though.
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.