Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
txweld17
    Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:01 pm

I am wanting to pursue a career on the pipeline as a welder. Im wondering if i have to go through welding classes at a college or something to get certified like that or if i can just learn welding from someone that i know and just go out to the pipeline and pass their tests.

If anyone can help me that would be great.

or if you know somewhere in tx to get certified within 6 weeks or something like that

I basicallly need to know what i need to do to get started as a future pipelin welder
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Welcome.

You're going to need either a lot of education or a lot of experience. Preferably both. Pipeline is not an "entry level" welding job. It's at the high end of the skill set, and demands high performance at high production rates.

Steve S
BWR
  • BWR
    Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:19 pm

Welcome to the forum, and Otto is right pipe line welding isn't a easy job. There's a lot to it and it takes a well trained and well experienced welder. Also six weeks really isn't enough time to learn the tricks of the trade. One option that a lot of guys do is get on as a welders helper and learn from that person and get your foot in the door. Hope this helps.
-Brad
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200