Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
WILD BILL
    Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:03 pm

Hello all.

Thought I'ld post an introduction as I imagine I'm gonna be a pain for a little while. Image

My name is Bill and while I'm a car mechanic by trade my passion is drag racing. Might even be bordering on an obsesion.

To that extent, I've far surpased the limits of what my cheap 110V mig will do. Not only in thichnesses but material. And quite frankly, I'm getting sic of trying to rely on people to do what they say they will do only to be let down.

After much reasearch and viewing the great videos the Jody made, I recently purchased an Everlast 225 LX.

So recent in fact that it has yet to arrive. Image

I'm anxiously waiting for it to get here so I can start practicing. I eventually want to do my own chassis modifications and updates to the race cars as well as maybe build some things for the trailers.

But, I'm gonna need a lot of practice first and I'm sure I'll have lots of questions along the way.

So let me say up front Thanks to all as I have read and learned a bunch from you guys already.

Everlast 225LX
kermdawg
    Tue May 25, 2010 8:16 pm

Hey bro, as someone who just started TIG a few months ago-Your gonna have a blast :) Its FUN dude. It really, really is. Still ya start doin it for work I guess :P
Signature? Who needs a F***ing signature?
WILD BILL
    Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:03 pm

I can understand that :lol:

I love make things with the mig but like I said, I've severly out grown it's capabilities.

I'm counting the days till the box arrives and I can starting practicing.

should be any day now Image
Everlast 225LX
torn7th
    Sun May 30, 2010 12:32 am

Man your going to love TIG . I hate stick now and MIG I love the precision on TIG and feeding the rod making nice welds. You will have a blast learning it when I first started i wrote down my settings amps,gas,HF no HF etc.. Do that and it makes it alot easier also dont go cheap on tungsten. I was using Weldmark tungsten then i got a sample from Diamond Ground ...Wow what a difference in arc and arc heat . They are way way better....Hope you have fun man cause its fun to learn I swear it is ... :mrgreen: