Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
    Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:34 pm

Greetings everyone. My name is Brandon Hall out of Roanoke, Virginia.

Here is a little background on me. I'm 26 years old and graduated from Wyotech in December of 2011 specializing in custom street rod and high performance chassis fabrication. Most of my experience is with Aerospace (seconds mostly) and automotive grade materials. I previously took classes that delved into the commercial/industrial structural fabrication and welding before attending Wyotech. Both great experiences from which I leaned a lot of valuable skills. I have been following Jody's videos for sometime now and learned some great tips and general information. I'm a big fan Jody, I definitely appreciate what you are doing.

I prefer TIG welding; however, I also have quite a bit of experience with MIG, SMAW, as well as Oxy-Acetelyne processes. I will post some pictures of weld samples here sometime soon, just as a "control" to reference from here on out. The majority of my experience, being trained within the automotive field, pertains to 1020 cold rolled steel and 6061-T6 aluminum.

My real passion lies with stainless and chrome moly which is the area that I want to improve in before moving onto more specific or technical materials, whatever those may be. Currently, my overall goal is to improve my skills across the board with as many processes as I can. I want to start a career with a major company like Northrop and Ingram, GE, ect, but I'm not going to limit my options and I sure most of the rest of you guys feel the same way. I am currently employed with Ford Motor Company; however, I would really like to get back into fabricating again.
Last edited by R0gueSp3ctre18 on Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Welcome, Brandon,

This is an excellent place to explore all the options you mentioned. There's such a broad knowledge base here, you'll be hard-put to ask a question that can't be answered by someone here.

The questions that can't be immediately answered are more interesting, though, as we're a pretty good research team, and want to know the answer, too!

Steve S
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Brandon welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200

Thanks for the warm welcome. Here are some of my weld samples. Enjoy.

I can post much, much more as I do other work besides welding and fabrication.

I also do custom paint,air brush art, body work, composites, engines, transmissions, suspensions, wiring, dyno tuning... I think you get the idea. Most of my training and experience was in the custom street rod and various denominations of the racing industry. I have worked on bracket drag, dirt late mod (five spring), winged super mod, and even a few rock crawlers. On the other hand, there are always new or even improved ways of doing things. Being able to soak up new information like a sponge, I try to take each and every opportunity to do so to better myself and my work.

If I get enough requests, I will share some more of my work. I'd prefer not to clog up the forum with non welding related projects without a good reason otherwise. Anyways, thanks for reading!
Last edited by R0gueSp3ctre18 on Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

My cats breath smells like catfood

weldin mike 27 wrote:My cats breath smells like catfood
Beautiful!

In a mood?

That's brilliant!

Steve S
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

No, I just feel like Ralph wiggum when people tell me how much they know or can do

You will have the opportunity to guide many people here.

I appreciate those with a sense of craftsmanship; Those who will do it right because their reputation is on it.

Just share it like you mean it!

Steve S