Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
    Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:24 pm

Just found this forum and am impressed with the quantity and quality of the posting activity. Looks like a great forum!

I'm a hobby welder with a fair bit of MIG time and only a tiny bit of TIG time.
Everlast 210 EXT and Imig 200
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Welcome, Gopher Hunter,

This is a pleasant place populated by all levels in all crafts (and arts). We endeavor to keep it that way.

There's no "flaming" or ridicule of any kind tolerated, as we're all here to learn something from one another.

I suggest signing a name, even if made-up, so we can say, "Hi, Bob," or the like, rather than calling you "Gopher Hunter" forever. Think neighborhood after work barbeque.

Steve S

Otto Nobedder wrote:Welcome, Gopher Hunter,

This is a pleasant place populated by all levels in all crafts (and arts). We endeavor to keep it that way.

There's no "flaming" or ridicule of any kind tolerated, as we're all here to learn something from one another.

I suggest signing a name, even if made-up, so we can say, "Hi, Bob," or the like, rather than calling you "Gopher Hunter" forever. Think neighborhood after work barbeque.

Steve S
Thanks for the shout-out Steve. :D

cheers
John

Welcome, John.

I like the "Bill Murray in Caddyshack" image as your avatar... Fits the Gopher Hunter username sweetly.

Steve S

Otto Nobedder wrote:Welcome, John.

I like the "Bill Murray in Caddyshack" image as your avatar... Fits the Gopher Hunter username sweetly.

Steve S
LOVE that movie!

Do you weld cryo HW????

I recently retired from a group that builds Cryo HW. That's some crazy stuff!

cheers
JohnG

I do weld cryo.

We primarily repair/rehab/retest and repair vacuum leaks on cryo vessels. Liquid Hydrogen is the primary service we work on, but we do everything in the atmospherics, and recently C02.

I'm the shop's lead vacuum technician, and make them a ton of money finding "Corrosion Stress Cracks" in the stainless portions of outer vessels in vacuum-jacket applications.

Steve S

Otto Nobedder wrote:I do weld cryo.

We primarily repair/rehab/retest and repair vacuum leaks on cryo vessels. Liquid Hydrogen is the primary service we work on, but we do everything in the atmospherics, and recently C02.

I'm the shop's lead vacuum technician, and make them a ton of money finding "Corrosion Stress Cracks" in the stainless portions of outer vessels in vacuum-jacket applications.

Steve S
Thanks for the reply :D

big cheers
John