Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
    Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:21 am

Hi to all

time for introductions rather than just lurking.
Originally started welding with real intent so that I could repair lost wax bronze castings that I was doing so purchased a Lincoln V160-T with a foot control. (That was back in 2003)

That lead to welded steel sculptures as well in both mild steel and stainless steel.

To make the investment a bit more worthwhile there has also been outdoor furniture,

a bed frame

Prior to that I had done the odd bit of stick welding and brazing but that was with borrowed equipment for one-off projects.
For a fair while I have wished to be able to do some aluminium alloy welding as well and made use of my MIG for that but that is not always desirable as far as adding metal to a join is not always desirable. That has triggered the recent purchase of a second hand Miller DX200 Dynasty with a wireless foot control.

Regards

Ralph
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

Ralph,
Welcome to the forum.

You've found a place where we have all levels of experience and many creative avenues such as yours. We have metal artists and people building nuclear power plants and everything in between.

You don't need to have reservations about asking any question, no matter how elementary or how advanced, it will be answer in respectful manor. Nobody's going to beat you over the head for not knowing. If we don't know the answer, we'll find it because we want to know it as much as the person asking, that's how we are.

With some help, you'll find that you can do a lot with your Dynasty on the Aluminum front, but it will be limited to thinner materials. I would think you should be able to work with materials of 6mm or less with good results. Any more than that you'll have to get into preheating or using Helium/Argon mixes.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Ralph welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
Boomer63
    Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:52 am

Welcome to the forum! Do you have a web page to display our work? I have some students who are interested in doing this type of thing! As for me personally, I have done it but have no artistic sense.

Great work! Very professionally done and very creative!

Now ... do they speak American in New Zealand? Or should I type slowly and in capital letters?

:)
Welcome!
Gary

Hi Gary

Writing in a normal way will be fine I'm sure. I have managed to understand the forum so far ;)
I do have a blog that is a bit out of date and includes things other than welding. http://ravalproductions.wordpress.com. I will try to freshen up what is there.

Regards

Ralph
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Metal_pig2001 wrote:Hi Gary

Writing in a normal way will be fine I'm sure. I have managed to understand the forum so far ;)
I do have a blog that is a bit out of date and includes things other than welding. http://ravalproductions.wordpress.com. I will try to freshen up what is there.

Regards

Ralph
Welcome, Ralph,

We Americans take great pride in everything we do, including destroying the English language.

:shock:

Steve S

There are some New Zealanders who do a pretty good job of destroying it as well
Regards
Ralph
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

Comes from drinkin all that DB and Speights. I know, I seen it.
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'