Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
danfinn
    Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:40 pm

Hi all,
I'm Dan. Just started to learn to weld from my uncle who is a retired welder. Got out of the military in 06 as an E-5, Infantry, Paratrooper, Sniper. No skills translated so I became a security contractor overseas. Have a family now so I quit doing that last year. Working for my father's company doing a lot of commercial epoxy coating and grouting work. Sister's neighbor asked for wrought iron railings. Told her I could get some made up for her, then contacted my uncle. He had me weld them up (with close guidance and taking over to teach me methods of course) I love it. I've only MIG welded and a tiny bit of stick to fix a heavy laborer's trenching shovel. I look forward to learning a lot on this forum!
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

Dan,
Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service.

There's nothing like over the shoulder guidance that you'll receive from your uncle, but there's plenty to be learned here. We have a very broad range of knowledge here from many fields and as a group we're what been called a collective expert in all things welding. You or your uncle can ask any question that comes to mind here and receive a well thought out answer.

You'll never be put down here for not knowing the answer to even the most elementary questions. We understand that not everybody comes to field with the same amount of knowledge but gets treated with the same amount of respect. I'm sure if we needed to shoot long range that you could provide some tips that would flatten out the learning curve, that's what this site is about.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

Welcome and have fun :D
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Dan welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200