Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
firemed
    Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:49 am

Hello I am central Arkansas. I have been a farm type welding for several years but have never had formal training. Stick welding only. I have questions about my equipment. I have been watching Jodie for about 4 months and have learned a tremendous amount. I have learned enough that I now feel like I can ask good questions. 45 years old and love to weld even if it is just running beads.
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Welcome, firemed,

Toss us a first name or nickname? Easier to personalize a reply...

You've found a good spot. Every trade, craft, skill, art, represented at every skill level from master craftsman to "I plugged it in. Now what?"

Our goal is to learn something new and interesting from each other, so we believe there are no stupid questions (and stupid answers don't happen here). We all started somewhere. The main idea here is, we're all still going somewhere.

Steve S
firemed

My name is stan. I am a paramedic and fire fighter I worked out in the gulf of mexico for about 4 years as a rig medic on oil rigs. worked with a lot of welders out there. Treated a lot of welder injuries also. Work for southwestern energy now. I am currently in school for occupational health, safety, and environmental Bachelors Degree. I have been an instructor for the Arkansas fire academy for many years and now teach at my local vol. fire dept. I have a borrowed LN-25 And I am trying to run it with my miller 225 G bobcat. I have some questions. Do I post those question here or would it be better to start a new topic in a different section. They used to call me "Rig-Doc" when I worked off shore .
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Since the LN-25 is a wire feeder, I'd post those questions in the MIG/GMAW forum, where other wire-burners will see them.

Steve S
firemed

will do