Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
    Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:38 pm

Hi all , great forum. I've been building or fixing things in wood, plastic and metal all my life ...but finally had enough of having to use bolts and rivets with metal. Tried my buddies welder , then watched a ton of WeldingTipsAndTricks videos then got a welder. Been having great fun teaching myself to weld ...troubleshooting problems and making small progress.
Wish I got a machine years ago ...I've admired beautiful TIG welds since my BMX bikes back in the 80's , Kuwahara , Hutch ProStar and PK Ripper ... CW bars ...always admired those welds !
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

welcome to the forum
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
Boomer63
    Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:52 am

Welcome to the forum, subway! What kind of welder do you have?

I have a 250EX , a CK17F and a CK20f , an SSC foot pedal . My buddy that tweaked my interest has a Miller mig machine ...now he wants a Tig machine !
Boomer63
    Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:52 am

subwayrocket wrote:I have a 250EX , a CK17F and a CK20f , an SSC foot pedal . My buddy that tweaked my interest has a Miller mig machine ...now he wants a Tig machine !
Yeah, your buddy was crazy to not buy a TIG! I am a blue snob, but I will use a red machine if I can get it for the right price! It sounds like you have a machine for the right price that will do everything you need it to do, and you can't ask for more than that!

Any projects right now? Hum .. any larger jobs, you can swap machine time with your MIG owing friend!

He's been a good friends since our Army days 87-94 ...now he's mad with the weld pics I keep sending ....says "damn you now I want a TIG machine" ...haha
I don't currently have any projects going, just keep laying beads on on scrap. I have a long time friend that owns a scrap yard. I get a call when shops drop off end of a production run. I would like to build a new welder cart and replace my 20"x50" rolling utility table with one out of steel.