Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
Welder kurt
    Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:11 pm

My name is Kurt and I'd thought I'd share my background with you all seeing that I'm new on the forum. I've been in CNC machining for 18 years running 5 axis mills machining everything from 6AL4V TI, Inconel, 304,316,17-4, and aluminum grades from 6061 to 7075 for the medical and aerospace industry, this has helped me a lot in my TIG welding endeavors, I've tigged stainless and duplex steels such as 304, 316, and HR120, and weld able grades of aluminum. I've got tons to learn and look forward to learning everything I can from the experts on here. My equipment at my shop consist of a Miller dynasty 280 DX tig runner and a hypertherm powermax 30 XP, I've also spent time on a ESAB comberex 200 CNC plasma table with a 15 ft by 20 ft sumbmerged burn table
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Well, Kurt, while we've spoken already on other topics, I will still say;

Welcome!

Another amazingly varied background! There are so many folk here from so many different and varied backgrounds that we've discovered none of us individually are experts outside of certain small niches.

The forum, cumulatively, is the expert here. There's so much knowledge, both documented and "tribal", that it's hard to imagine a question that can't be answered, even if a bit of research time is required.

We look forward to picking your brain at least as much as you anticipate learning what we can share.

Steve S
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Kurt welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200