Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
Rodzilla
    Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:53 am

Howdy,

I'm just a hobby welder who has only been using a 110v Lincoln mig so far. I've gotten pretty good with it over the last couple years, although it's pretty limited. For the last couple weeks I've been thinking its time to go Tig, better welds, more versatile and my garage won't be so full of smoke and fumes.
So in my search while researching machines and learning about Tig welding I stumble across Jodys site, so lucky I did. His videos and literature have been a great learning tool to give me a head start when my new machine arrives.
I am buying on somewhat of a budget so I am not going with Red or Blue. I've decide I'm going to give an Everlast 250EX a try and buy their water cooler as well. Should be a good platform to start. I am a big car and drag racing buff, so my main focus after some skills are honed is going to be building rollcages for myself and friends. If I get good enough maybe even do some for other people as a side job. Only time will tell

Cheers
Tom Osselton
    Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:33 am

I'm also a newbie here from Calgary Alberta!
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Welcome, Tom,

Welcome Rodzilla, The green machine you've selected gets mostly excellent reviews. The negative ones are usually DOA machines, which customer service promptly handles. They apparently do honor the five year warranty faithfully, as well.

This is a good spot to pose any questions you have along the way. We're a neighborhood of friends, sharing what we know with each other.

Steve S
Rodzilla

Thanks Steve , I'm looking forward to the learning curve, and hopefully concurring it.

I'm from Red Deer Tom, best of luck honing your skills as well :)
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
Rodzilla

Mike wrote:Welcome to the forum.
Thank you
    Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:05 pm

I live an hour from each of you guys.
I work in Calgary in the simulation business.
I've been at it for 30+ years. Welding is my hobby.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD0bYRyvffw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMD5GUIe0pY
Rodzilla wrote:I'm from Red Deer Tom, best of luck honing your skills as well :)
    Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:38 am

Welcome to the forum Rodzilla and Tom.

Canada, eh? I have a friend who worked at the Canadian Consulate here in Australia for many years. The call of Canada must be strong, because eventually he moved back there.

All the best with your welding. Ask lots of questions. It will give the people here a break from ME asking all the questions...

Kym
    Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:38 pm

Welcome to the forum !