Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
jlhawtho
    Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:23 pm

Hi my name is Jesse I weld as a contractor for the military my father taught me how to weld he has been a welder for 30 years for various companies. We only stick weld at work so I had to try to teach myself to tig weld using Jody's videos. I feel that if you learn to watch your puddle you can pretty much learn anything. But with that being said it took a lot of practice and 3 years for me to finally learn to weld overhead and uphill. I build shooting targets also for extra money on the side. I will post pictures as soon as I can. I have a Miller Bobcat 250, Lincoln square wave 175 tig, Century 225 Mig from 1982 still welds great, esab mini arc 161lts, Razor weld 110 arc/tig, Lincoln 140 T.
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum Jesse.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

Jesse,
Welcome to the forum.
The Century welder was probably made by Lincoln, as some of their welders were.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len
jlhawtho
    Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:23 pm

Thank you guys and your right it probably is a Lincoln but I don't know when they bought out Century the welder is from 1982 and it says made in America. The new century welders are built in Italy and I do not like them they seem to weld cold. I actually bought it for 50 dollars at a garage sale because the guy didn't know how to weld. I like it because the duty cycle is 60% at 225 amps.