Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
JimBo13
    Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:41 pm

Hey guys and gals,
So I'm new to the forum and really new to welding as far as that goes. I decided a few months back I needed a hobby and I need to utilize my shop more. I was always interested in welding but hadn't done any since high school 35 years ago so I decided I was going to start playing around.
I've acquired a pretty good hobby shop over the last 60 days. I picked up a Hobart Handler 175, a Parker Plasma-Tec 50/200 which does plasma cutting along with tig and stick. I also found a decent band saw, drill press, porta band and numerous grinders and clamps.
Hoping to be able to learn from you all without annoying you to darn bad.
    Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:38 am

Welcome Jimbo.

There are some very learned people here. And don't be too concerned about annoying them...I've tried very hard to do that over the last couple of months and I'll be damned if I can fire them up. :D

Kym
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

jimbo
welcome to the group.
think about adding some safety equipment
in you shop if you haven't already.
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
JimBo13
    Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:41 pm

motox wrote:jimbo
welcome to the group.
think about adding some safety equipment
in you shop if you haven't already.
craig
Thanks for the concern. Funny thing is I've noticed now that I'm a bit older (50+) safety is more of a concern. I've invested in a few face shields, respirator and I'm no longer throwing away the handles on my angle grinders.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

JimBo13 wrote:... now that I'm a bit older (50+) safety is more of a concern. I've invested in a few face shields, respirator and I'm no longer throwing away the handles on my angle grinders.
At some point, we all get over the idea that we're ten feet tall and bullet-proof. The earlier we get this, the longer we enjoy our hobbies.

Good for you, for taking safety seriously.

Steve S