Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
nitroscott
    Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:24 pm

Hello, pipefitting is getting to physically demanding, so I am switching trades to pipe welding. Did stick pipe welding in the 90's but now it is mostly TIG in the refineries here in Houston. Going to advanced TIG Pipe Welding School in 2 weeks. I might have an occasional question. Thank you.
    Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:38 pm

Congrats on getting to go to the school . Welcome to the forum !
nitroscott
    Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:24 pm

Thank you. I wish I would of taken up pipe welding 35 years ago, I would be pretty good by now. LOL.
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum Scott.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
Boomer63
    Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:52 am

nitroscott wrote:Hello, pipefitting is getting to physically demanding, so I am switching trades to pipe welding. Did stick pipe welding in the 90's but now it is mostly TIG in the refineries here in Houston. Going to advanced TIG Pipe Welding School in 2 weeks. I might have an occasional question. Thank you.
Hey nitro! I got into teaching at community colleges when I had a series of accidents. I knew I would be out of the field for a few years, so I started applying at colleges in my region, and ended up getting hired as a temporary two year job. It turns out that I love education, and plan to stick with it. I am inside all year, have lots of time off (compared to construction!), and don't have to s*** in a little plastic house.

Just a suggestion!
Gary