Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
CousinVinny
    Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:12 pm

Happy New Year to everyone here, I just signed on as new member. Been welding projects in the garage for a bunch of years with a HF flux core mig. Been thinking about a tig for a year or so and just ordered a GiantTech 3-in-1 Tig/Plasma/Stick which should be here next week. (had to get it in for the 2010 tax write-off ;) ) I've been riding cycles all my life and always owned at least one bike and do all the repairs/maintenance myself. I'm currently building a 1920's era single cylinder 30 cu in bike, its made up of cycle & car parts from that period and the Tig/plasma should help fabricate parts more efficiently. Looking forward to participating where I can and thanks for reading this. -Vinny
Last edited by CousinVinny on Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pro mod steve
    Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:47 am

Good luck
kermdawg
    Tue May 25, 2010 8:16 pm

had a buddy that completely chopped his bike with nothin but a peanut grinder and an arc welder. Not the most effective/efficient, but doable. Tig/plasma cutter just makes it that much easier. have fun and good luck dude :)
Signature? Who needs a F***ing signature?
Sarge

Welcome Vinnie.
Be Innovative.
Goal is perfection, but excellence is Acceptable.
Powermig 255C
Powermig 350MP x2
175 squarewave
Weld-pac 100
Hypertherm 600
Hypertherm 1250
CousinVinny
    Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:12 pm

Hi All, checking back in to say I recently picked up (bought not rent) an argon tank, gheeze it was almost as much as my welder :o . Got a regulator valve coming in a couple of days and then I'll try the tig and the plasma in the garage. Will post the results. -Vinny
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Hello back to New York.

Just so you know in advance, bottle are certified for either five or 10 years, and an expired bottle must be recertified before it is refilled. When you get a bottle through a gas supplier, you don't actually own "that" bottle. You own the knowledge you'll never have to pay to have your bottle re-certified, and you can just take your bottle to your supplier, and he'll immediately hand you another. It's not like filling up at the Texaco.

If you outright "own" your bottle, your supplier will charge more to fill it, 'cause it ain't his, and refuse you after the bottle expires.

Good luck with your project. Post some pictures. Ask questions, if you need to. I'm sure someone here can answer.

Steve