Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

I'm a self-taught welder who has been making a living at it for 20+ years, and was thrilled to discover this website. Much of what I've learned along the way came from looking over another welder's shoulder (I still do that). This site explains what's happening better than most of the people I've watched. I'm always looking to improve my game, and I expect that talking to the people here will help me do that.

I currently do most of my TIG welding on 304 stainless in cryogenic processes (mainly liquid hydrogen, -423F). Anyone else? I'd like to learn what you may know, and share what I've learned.

Steve
torn7th
    Sun May 30, 2010 12:32 am

Howdy and welcome to the site....Im sure youll get some answers asap... :mrgreen:
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Thanks, torn7th,

I'm looking forward to what I might learn (or share). This trade has always seemed to depend on people helping each other along the way.

Steve
torn7th
    Sun May 30, 2010 12:32 am

Ive learned more tricks and techniques on here then anywhere else. Lots of knowledge on here . I try to help where i can but im still a rook compared to some of these and i pick there knowledge as much as i can. Ive never been one to not help someone if i can ..So if i see a question i can answer with a good answer i jump right in. Feel free to spread the knowledge. Statistics are showing we are a dying breed and need to help the other young guys as much as we can.... :mrgreen:
sschefer
    Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:44 pm

torn7th wrote:Statistics are showing we are a dying breed and need to help the other young guys as much as we can.... :mrgreen:
Of course we do, but we didn't come here to die, we came here to live! :mrgreen:
Highly skilled at turning expensive pieces of metal into useless but recyclable crap..
Zoomie
    Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:07 pm

Welcome Otto!