Metal cutting - oxyfuel cutting, plasma cutting, machining, grinding, and other preparatory work.
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

Anybody used this type of air filter before that can advise if suitable for filtration to plasma cutter?
AT1000.jpg
AT1000.jpg (2.14 KiB) Viewed 1711 times
The filter cartridge is apparently called a toilet roll filter and captures condensed moisture.
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'

Coldman wrote:Anybody used this type of air filter before that can advise if suitable for filtration to plasma cutter?
AT1000.jpg
The filter cartridge is apparently called a toilet roll filter and captures condensed moisture.
Considering that TP is designed to break down when moist, it doesn't sound like a good idea. Although Frantz did make an oil filter back in the 60s that used TP and it seemed to work OK. I'd prefer a dessicant moisture remover for a plasma cutter.
Miller Bobcat 225
Tweco Fabricator 211i
AHP AlphaTIG 200x
Lincoln SP-135+
Hypertherm Powermax 30 Air
ProStar O/A torch
Coldman

Not actually TP just called that way . It is a paper filter in a roll, hopefully not breaking down.
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

Never used that one as it seems to be unique to Oz - but having looked it up it should work - claims to remove any " carry over " from the compressor including oil & water down to very fine filtration levels which is exactly what's needed - only thing I can see against it is there is no obvious way of judging when it needs changing whereas using dessicant style in a clear housing it changes color when approaching saturation point - any reason why you would prefer this over dessicant ?
GreinTime
    Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:20 am

We have a pressure swing absorption air drier in my garage at home... Perks of dad working for a company that buys new stuff at the first sign of issues I guess lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-
Coldman

Just considering all options and bang for buck. LWS have these cheap and replacement filters cheap. They say they encourage purchase with every plasma they sell. Since take-up they have noticed dramatic reduction in plasma consumable sales. Also they sell very few replacement filters. Apparently they simply dry out between use and good to go for next time. There seems to be several badged versions of this filter around the world.
soutthpaw
    Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:14 pm

Yeah, I have the one the OP posted and it works well. Motor guard M26 out M30. Just specifies the different size NPT openings. Look at the reviews here for example.
http://www.bakersgas.com/NAS396-M-26.ht ... AgAs8P8HAQ

Also on Amazon prime now.
Motor Guard M-45-KIT 1/4 NPT Clean Air Filter Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000TARQ6C/re ... Xxb7E3PJM1
Includes 2 extra filters
griff
    Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:41 pm

I run one on our plasma table. It does make consumables last a long time vs before without it. I'd definitely buy it again. If they do get wet, they don't come apart.
ex framie
    Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:09 am

Coldman wrote:Just considering all options and bang for buck. LWS have these cheap and replacement filters cheap. They say they encourage purchase with every plasma they sell. Since take-up they have noticed dramatic reduction in plasma consumable sales. Also they sell very few replacement filters. Apparently they simply dry out between use and good to go for next time. There seems to be several badged versions of this filter around the world.
I think you just talked yourself into buying one, you also convinced me.
What are they called and who carries them?
Up here in Queensland we have a bit of a humidity issue. :lol:
Pete

God gave man 2 heads and only enough blood to run 1 at a time. Who said God didn't have a sense of humour.....
Coldman

Are you in brisy?
Coldman

Its called AT1000 air filter for plasma. I got mine from www.collinstools.com.au
In stock and best price.
ex framie
    Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:09 am

Thanks Coleman, I'll chase that up.
I'm near Ipswich, west of Brisbane.
Cheers
Pete

God gave man 2 heads and only enough blood to run 1 at a time. Who said God didn't have a sense of humour.....