Metal cutting - oxyfuel cutting, plasma cutting, machining, grinding, and other preparatory work.
    Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:37 am

THIS is a bandsaw... Well possibly, or perhaps a modified and re-purposed foam cutter. Either way it has variable speed via the pullies to go slow enough for what I want and also has a nice guide setup on it. Mainly just needed it for cutting curvy stuff out of 3mm aluminium and it works beautifully.

Didn't look that big on the ebay ad though. Motor is a 2.5hp single phase, cast iron body, oil feed for guides and a throat of almost a meter. Probably weighs a good 250kgs. Its a Bullmerwerk, from the plates it looks German. Couldn't find much info except the foam cutting bit which I think is they're original purpose.

[img]20170813_145522.jpg[/img]
Attachments
20170813_145522.jpg
20170813_145522.jpg (38.16 KiB) Viewed 2631 times
Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing... Oscar Wilde
    Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:48 pm

Awesome find! ;)
Pete

Esab SVI 300, Mig 4HD wire feeder, 30A spool gun, Miller Passport, Dynasty 300 DX, Coolmate 4, Spectrum 2050, C&K Cold Wire feeder WF-3, Black Gold Tungsten Sharperner, Prime Weld 225
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Ummm...that is interesting and really want one now that would be nice for wood projects and metal. Where have these been.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Farmwelding wrote:Ummm...that is interesting and really want one now that would be nice for wood projects and metal. Where have these been.
Old apolstery factories. Or in the shop area of a R & D prototype company.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
    Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:38 am

Nice find. Damn.

As something of a band saw enthusiast (and borderline collector...) I would love to stumble across something like that. Very useful for sure.

K
    Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:37 am

It was $300 and he threw in a massive block and tackle. Was his dads who passed away a few years ago. His mum just passed and it was time to clear out the shed and sell off the gear. Plenty of bandsaws show up around that price but generally not as big or in as good condition. I have the belt/pulley cover too.

For $169 more I could buy this one new, and that was my point about looking out on the used market for gear in the mig thread.

https://www.carbatec.com.au/machinery-a ... gth-1785mm
Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing... Oscar Wilde
    Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:38 am

It's nice when they come with a story, isn't it?

My 'big' band saw (14") was free, a gift from an aircraft building mate of my father's. I've refurbished it and now use it all the time to cut aluminium. My smaller saw, a 10" Woodfast, is a beautiful old saw and cost $140.

I've spent a bit refurbishing each one, but they are worth far, far more to me than they cost!

K