Metal cutting - oxyfuel cutting, plasma cutting, machining, grinding, and other preparatory work.
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Anyone have any tips for cutting about 11 gauge steel with oxy-fuel rig. More specifically circles.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Keep your torch tip clean and move fast. What size cutting tip and what are your pressures on the gauges as the gas is flowing?
I have more questions than answers

Josh
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Not sure in tip size but on first I was at 40 oxygen and 5 acetylene and then down 16 and 2.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
Poland308

Tip size is critical on thin stuff if you want a clean cut. I don't have a copy on hand but I'll see if I can find one for proper sizing of the tips based on cutting thickness and tank size.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
Poland308

noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

Conventionally we used sheet nozzles for this - these are rather directional though as the heating flame & cutting jet are behind each other - can cut circles with care if the diameter is not too small - they do leave a very nice cut & very small kurf.
sheet nozzle.png
sheet nozzle.png (50.9 KiB) Viewed 638 times