Metal cutting - oxyfuel cutting, plasma cutting, machining, grinding, and other preparatory work.

I see the EVOSAW380 on Amazon for $409 and the RAGE2 for $187.

Both have a 1800 watt 15 amp motor and 1450 rpm

Both use the 14" blade

Both seem to use the same base, at least by looking at the photo

I can't find the RAGE2 on the Evolution website

Anyone have either of these would like more info.
Richard
Website
    Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:49 am

I've got the Rage2
http://www.evolutionpowertools.com/uk/build/rage2.php

Main difference is the blade, Rage 2 comes with the multipurpose blade and the 380 with the steel blade. Both will fit each machine.

The 380 has a quick release that isnt on my Rage (might have now, mine is an early one serial no 30-ish)
Looks like the base is cast on the 380. I have a cast base too but they changed that to pressed, flimsy, plate on later models.
If they done good they went back to cast on the Rage too. Now about people returning them after found them flexing too much.

The clamping is crap on 45 degree mitre, need additional clamping not to move while cutting
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

The Rage range is really for cutting wood but will also cut most materials with the same multi purpose blade - just not that much if it's steel- we had them at a sign place I did work for & I got a couple for odd job site work - mostly cut aluminum in various sections - sometimes plastics depending on the sign - worked well for that but I would not try doing steel all the time - they are not built for it despite similar motors on paper - gearboxes & various other parts are different - that's why there is a marked jump in price between Rage & the dedicated metal cutting models - also with all the carbide tip saws be aware even a slight hard spot in the metal from imported steel will kill the blade & they are quite expensive - in my opinion a bandsaw is far more useful.
sedanman
    Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:54 pm

I've got the 380. I like it and would buy one again.

Thanks for the info guys
Richard
Website
NHDanO
    Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:37 am

The 380 is a great saw. Cuts like a dream.
homeboy
    Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:52 pm

:mrgreen: I bought the 380 spring 2016 and love it. I am a retired contractor that over 30 years hand built a lot of my own equipment including several trailers and various widgets and gadgets to suit our purpose. All our cutting was with an abrasive 12in chop saw and acetalene torch. Last spring I decided to upgrade to a top of the line 14in abrasive saw and in a web search I happened onto dry cut saws. I knew nothing about them and decided to check them out. After much research I chose the 380 based on features and of course reviews and company background. The rage3 is a much lighter saw therefor I am sure not as sturdy or accurate. The lack of a quick release vice or D handle was a total deal breaker also. The supplied 66t blade gives great service if you treat it properly. I built a 6ft steel cutting table with adjustable movable input and output roller guides and with a tiny bit of patience and an angle guage this saw will cut perfect miters every time. Also very important the Evolution company seems to have a decent service network that I hope I never need. Another huge plus with this type of saw is almost no grinding to fit and a much cleaner shop. One thing I do not do is mitre heavier flat stock on the flat as it seems hard on the blade. That's what the plasma cutter is for. This is my first post and I apologise for being long winded but I really like this saw.
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

I just got the Evo Rage 2. Cuts awesome.