Metal cutting - oxyfuel cutting, plasma cutting, machining, grinding, and other preparatory work.
motomarty22
    Thu May 19, 2016 7:06 pm

How do you remove the factory bumper on the saw. I'm having trouble finding any information on how to do it. Want to make a vertical table for it, and I can only get to one of the screws.
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

I have that saw, and the Swag Offroad table for it. The table has a tab that fits into a slot on the saw, and a screw threads through the bottom of the table to secure the saw, takes about a minute to go from "portable saw" to "table saw". You might re-think your table design if your current design requires you to disassemble the saw.

This pic shows the table slotting into the saw, the blade, and threaded screw hole.

Let us know how your project goes!
Attachments
20161006_171251.jpg
20161006_171251.jpg (28.62 KiB) Viewed 1069 times
Dave
aka "RTFM"
LS Customs
    Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:56 pm

Artie F. Emm wrote:I have that saw, and the Swag Offroad table for it. The table has a tab that fits into a slot on the saw, and a screw threads through the bottom of the table to secure the saw, takes about a minute to go from "portable saw" to "table saw". You might re-think your table design if your current design requires you to disassemble the saw.

This pic shows the table slotting into the saw, the blade, and threaded screw hole.

Let us know how your project goes!
agreed..

I have the saw and the swag offroad table... i can cad program and laser cut my own parts etc... nowadays i have to send the files to get cut... but even with the potential savings on doing this myself... i found the swagoffroad kit to be a good value and purchased that... glad i bought that saw and that table...
sedanman
    Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:54 pm

Plus one on the Swag Offroad table. Why reinvent the wheel?
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

I'm with the OP- making his own table may be an opportunity to get some more helmet time. I would have made a table if i hadn't received the swag as a gift. Re-inventing the wheel is fine, it's how we innovate, but having to disassemble the saw would have been re-inventing a square wheel, imho.
Dave
aka "RTFM"
    Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:30 am

sedanman wrote:Plus one on the Swag Offroad table. Why reinvent the wheel?
If its business -time is money- then buy, but in your garage, whats the point of having all this fabricating/welding 'stuff', & then buying something you can make yourself?

I made a base/table for my new portaband using my new portaband.

-c-

Look! a hole in the space-time continuum!
AKmud
    Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:47 am

Another vote for the SWAG table. Some things aren't worth the time trying to fab, this is definitely one of them.