Metal cutting - oxyfuel cutting, plasma cutting, machining, grinding, and other preparatory work.
T411
    Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:58 pm

I want to design and make metal furniture and I'm looking for drawing software program for fabricating that can tell you the amount of material you are using (pricing), angles & lengths to cut? Any recommendations?
Zipzit
    Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:46 pm

You will definitely want to use the bill of materials options in Solidworks. You draw centerlines of all materials, then select the specific tubing you want to use. (Weldments) When you are all done, you can create a small spreadsheet showing the lengths of all materials in use. Its pretty handy.
SLS3
    Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:26 am

Hi guys, new member here, just do hobby stuff at home and am sorta computer dummy for big programs. any simple software out there for guys that are not geeks? Free is better too lol.
Jim FLinchbaugh
    Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:56 pm

you can try Sketchup, its free and not too hard for those of us uninitiated in the world of CAD.
I struggle with all of this type of stuff and am of the opinion that software developers are disconnected with normal thinking people
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

I use Bend Tech Pro.

http://www.bend-tech.com/product_infos/bt_pro.html

https://youtu.be/o2e7MVpVjgo

Not sure why the video isn't embedding properly.
Turbo
    Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:11 pm

I use Autodesk Fusion 360, which is free for hobbyists. I think it is fantastic, and would not trade it for Inventor, Solidworks, or Creo. My only complaint is that they still haven't added sheet metal functions.
Miller Dynasty 210dx

instagram: rsengineeringllc
wormworksfab
    Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:53 pm

Does fusion 360 have the bill of materials option? or do you have to export it to autocad or some other softwear?