Metal cutting - oxyfuel cutting, plasma cutting, machining, grinding, and other preparatory work.
cptjackm
    Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:46 pm

EINSTEIN?
Did I dial the wrong number here?

Otto Nobedder wrote:
LtBadd wrote:
Otto Nobedder wrote:I had no doubt some of you were familiar, but we have some newer entrants to machining with new (or new-to-you) equipment looking for projects and knowledge, so I had to share this guy.

Also, horology interests me.

Steve S
does that include "space time"?

"Gravity as Curved Spacetime. ... Gravity feels strongest where spacetime is most curved, and it vanishes where spacetime is flat. This is the core of Einstein's theory of general relativity, which is often summed up in words as follows: "matter tells spacetime how to curve, and curved spacetime tells matter how to move".
I think Einstein got it wrong. Close, but wrong. I think the current crop of astrophysicists chasing intangible "dark matter" and "dark energy" support my theory.

The graphic representation of matter in space-time is a "fabric", curved by the presence of matter, like a bowling ball on a trampoline (as an easy analogy). This assumes, both graphically and in his math, that space-time is an infinitely compressible fluid.

Place that trampoline fabric on a swimming pool, edges sealed... The water then represents an incompressible fluid. Put your bowling ball in the middle, and you still get curved space-time around the ball. What do you get, displaced some distance from the ball? Fabric above the zero point, sloping away toward the edge. This neatly explains matter in the universe moving apart and accelerating, and also explains the Pioneer anomaly, which future missions did not adequately investigate.

Steve S
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

All paths cross at some point.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
    Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:30 am

LtBadd wrote:
image0351.jpg
The Time Travelers Society Annual Meeting will be held last Tuesday, , , , ,

Look! a hole in the space-time continuum!

cornmuse wrote:
LtBadd wrote:
image0351.jpg
The Time Travelers Society Annual Meeting will be held last Tuesday, , , , ,
That's a good one... :lol:

This way they can ensure ONLY time travelers will be there
Richard
Website
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

I'll be there last Tuesday.

That's what dreams are for!

Steve
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

I'll put it on my calander, but I may not have the founds to make the trip.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

I'm sure there should be a flux capacitor joke around here !
medsar
    Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:54 pm

Otto Nobedder wrote:
LtBadd wrote:
Otto Nobedder wrote:I had no doubt some of you were familiar, but we have some newer entrants to machining with new (or new-to-you) equipment looking for projects and knowledge, so I had to share this guy.

Also, horology interests me.

Steve S
does that include "space time"?

"Gravity as Curved Spacetime. ... Gravity feels strongest where spacetime is most curved, and it vanishes where spacetime is flat. This is the core of Einstein's theory of general relativity, which is often summed up in words as follows: "matter tells spacetime how to curve, and curved spacetime tells matter how to move".
I think Einstein got it wrong. Close, but wrong. I think the current crop of astrophysicists chasing intangible "dark matter" and "dark energy" support my theory.

The graphic representation of matter in space-time is a "fabric", curved by the presence of matter, like a bowling ball on a trampoline (as an easy analogy). This assumes, both graphically and in his math, that space-time is an infinitely compressible fluid.

Place that trampoline fabric on a swimming pool, edges sealed... The water then represents an incompressible fluid. Put your bowling ball in the middle, and you still get curved space-time around the ball. What do you get, displaced some distance from the ball? Fabric above the zero point, sloping away toward the edge. This neatly explains matter in the universe moving apart and accelerating, and also explains the Pioneer anomaly, which future missions did not adequately investigate.

Steve S
I think you would enjoy non-newtonian physics, quantum physics and particle physics. While math heavy, they will give you insight into your theory and possibly a way to model the theory. By 'insight into your theory' -- I mean that in a good way. It is purported that Einstein said himself that he thought his theory was incomplete and he was unable to get a unified theory. Your thoughts and theories are a good thing and I encourage you to explore them. Unfortunately, math is a prime language in physics and it will be math heavy. However, the systems are eye-opening and jaw dropping when the math is understood.