Metal cutting - oxyfuel cutting, plasma cutting, machining, grinding, and other preparatory work.
airrj
    Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:31 am

I have used these a bunch in a friends shop on auto body work. Where you really don't want much heat in the metal. They seem to run a bit cooler and last longer than the flat ROLOC discs. And I have had the same issue with them coming off if you decelerate too quickly. Not something that I use all of the time, but they are handy.
clavius
    Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:32 pm

airrj wrote:I have used these a bunch in a friends shop on auto body work. Where you really don't want much heat in the metal. They seem to run a bit cooler and last longer than the flat ROLOC discs. And I have had the same issue with them coming off if you decelerate too quickly. Not something that I use all of the time, but they are handy.

Yep, these things are great, I really like them. As I mentioned they make my little right angle air grinder perform really well and it is just so handy to use. I tried just putting a wrap or two of electrical tape around the threaded stem to make the fit in the mandrel more snug and it made a big difference. No more disks flying across the room. Time will tell if it holds up for long, but so far so good!
homeboy
    Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:52 pm

I had the same problem with the 2in discs and finally gave up on them. The other day in Canadian Tire I bought a set of 4 Roloc fiber discs - the type you clean heads with that included a new adapter. This adapter is concave aprox. 3/64 in. almost like a suction cup and a softer rubber that you can easily dent with a fingernail. You have to press in like a child proof cap to start the threads on the disk but it works perfect. Now I have to hunt around the shop to find all the lost flying discs. :roll: :D