Metal cutting - oxyfuel cutting, plasma cutting, machining, grinding, and other preparatory work.
alaskaviper
    Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:07 pm

So I'm new to the welding community and am not sure what used prices plasma cutters go for.

There is one listed in my area that is a Miller 375 for $500. The guy says it is 7 years old but has been used hard. He got it for a mobile welding service with his welding shop. He said the mobile side of the business wasn't profitable so he is selling those items to recoup some cost. Is this a fair price?
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Spend about five minutes on e-bay searching plasma cutters, and you'll find pretty fast what a going rate for almost any machine is.

Steve S
hey_allen
    Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:09 pm

As was said, keep an eye open on Craigslist.

I found a New In Box Miller Spectrum 375 Extreme for $800 from the local CL when a military member was about to separate and was then told that baby number X was on the way...
-Josh
Greasy fingered tinkerer.
    Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:52 pm

My two cents take it as you will.
Be careful buying a used plasma cutter make sure you can test the unit on some solid material. Saving money up front is great till you have to spend more to replace the torch than you paid for the machine. Stick with a brand name machine also the China stuff will not make you happy. Contact your local Welding supply shop. Most have rental programs and sell the used machines out of there. That way at least they have some history on the machine and if they are a good shop they want your business so they will not sell you a problem.
My Grandfather Used to say "Grinding a weld to make it pretty doesn't make you a Welder. It makes you a Grinder!"
Mihtu
    Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:01 am

I was in the same boat,really wanted a plasma,didn't want to break the bank,I pondered back and forth,drove me crazy,what was the right one,used or new,red or blue or gray or green,it all depends on what you are doing,I ended up with the everlast 80s,60% duty cycle,cuts up to 11/4 inch steel,@10 to 12 inches per minute,and it was a grand shipped to my door,look at the hobart if you aren't do too big of stuff,good machines,decent price!