Metal cutting - oxyfuel cutting, plasma cutting, machining, grinding, and other preparatory work.
UV Metal Arts
    Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:36 pm

https://youtu.be/4C1cN2u-dIE
This is a 3 in 1 set up for a portable bandsaw. If you have been looking to make one or about to buy one definitely check it out. While it's a wall mounted/table top design, it can be used hand held at anytime without the use of tools. This design is something that's been progressively improved upon, tweaked, and modified for the last 20 years and it's perfect for me and my needs right now. There are similar concepts and designs but if you're going to buy or build one like it please ask yourself a few of questions. Is it a unitasker? Can I change modes without using tools or fiddling with fasteners? Is it simple to operate? You'll be glad you did. Those were the things that guided me to build this configuration.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-04-28 at 3.58.11 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-04-28 at 3.58.11 PM.png (193.12 KiB) Viewed 1362 times
Last edited by UV Metal Arts on Fri May 05, 2017 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UV Metal Arts

Here's an update video addressing some safety and functionality issues... Bringing to completion this awesome portable band saw base/stand/cradle project. [youtube]https://youtu.be/msI4gqP949I[/youtube]
Last edited by UV Metal Arts on Fri May 05, 2017 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Fictionality issues?

What are those?

I couldn't resist, since it's so close to being a real word...

Steve
UV Metal Arts

Otto Nobedder wrote:Fictionality issues?

What are those?

I couldn't resist, since it's so close to being a real word...

Steve
Thank you. I fixed it.

I almost liked it better the way it was.

I think "Fictionality" is a great candidate for a new word. It could be defined as the status or quality of an "alternative fact", as in "That statement gets high marks for fictionality."

You do know the OED not only accepts new words regularly, but recognizes a "ten best" each year?

Steve
UV Metal Arts

Otto Nobedder wrote:I almost liked it better the way it was.

I think "Fictionality" is a great candidate for a new word. It could be defined as the status or quality of an "alternative fact", as in "That statement gets high marks for fictionality."

You do know the OED not only accepts new words regularly, but recognizes a "ten best" each year?

Steve
You may be onto something there :) I love new words.
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Steve
Why do I get the feeling you've been on that list at least 1'nce.
I have more questions than answers

Josh

Poland308 wrote:

Steve
Why do I get the feeling you've been on that list at least 1'nce.
I so wish that were the case. Vocabulary, spelling, pronunciation, grammar, and syntax are where I express strong OCD characteristics. If there were a record for post edits in the moderator logs, I'd certainly be at the top for fixing the tiniest things in my comments. I even had a friend on facebook add me to a group called, "Grammar Nazi Party". I'm not that jackass who corrects strangers, but the group is a great place to bitch about the poor language skills we encounter every day. Professional journalists irk me the most, since they should know better.

Steve