Metal cutting - oxyfuel cutting, plasma cutting, machining, grinding, and other preparatory work.
    Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:29 am

I scored this today, apparently "B" is for BIG lol. Made in Syracuse, NY, we had to disassemble to lift it. 3 phase Master Electric motor, don't know the HP the motor plate is missing but it starts on my 5hp RPC. With 5 new belts $300.

Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

Dang, she's a beast! But i've seen what a belt grinder can add to a fab process. Score for you, too- i don't think you can get a 3 phase motor with controller for anything near $300.

I've seen some guys park a bucket of water underneath, as spark suppression.
Dave
aka "RTFM"
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Nice!

Wish I could find a deal like that. I'm sure you will use that for everything under the sun.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick

I had just spent $290 on a brand new Kalamazoo 1x42 belt sander...what an utterly useless pile of junk it is, hence I jumped on this Porter Cable. Oh that giant motor...its only 1hp lol.

I upgraded the sander with a Baldor 2hp motor and a forward/reverse switch.

cptjackm
    Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:46 pm

I had the same experience with the 1 x 42 Kalamazoo.
I read all the user reviews, mostly ⭐︎⭐︎⭐︎⭐︎⭐︎.
What a piece of junk!

Coolidge wrote:I had just spent $290 on a brand new Kalamazoo 1x42 belt sander...what an utterly useless pile of junk it is, hence I jumped on this Porter Cable. Oh that giant motor...its only 1hp lol.

cptjackm wrote:I had the same experience with the 1 x 42 Kalamazoo.
I read all the user reviews, mostly ⭐︎⭐︎⭐︎⭐︎⭐︎.
What a piece of junk!
The machine tool dealer sent me an email this week asking how I liked the Kalamazoo, I replied I found the sander of poor quality, its gathering dust. I'm not surprised you had the same experience.
    Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:48 pm

We have used one of those where I work for a few years now to sharpen knives and it has worked great, what didn't you guys like about the 1 x 42 " Kalamazoo?? :)

Pete
Pete

Esab SVI 300, Mig 4HD wire feeder, 30A spool gun, Miller Passport, Dynasty 300 DX, Coolmate 4, Spectrum 2050, C&K Cold Wire feeder WF-3, Black Gold Tungsten Sharperner, Prime Weld 225