Metal cutting - oxyfuel cutting, plasma cutting, machining, grinding, and other preparatory work.
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

So I have decided to rent tanks for my oxy acetylene tanks and was wondering what you guys would reccomend for torch sets. I'veonly used a Smith set on my uncles farm and an old Airco set at my high school so I can't speak for longevity, excessive use or used in extreme conditions. Most use will be for heating and welding metal art with a smaller welding tip but may use for some moderate welding and brazing and some cutting down the road.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
    Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:09 am

You don't have any dealers in your area that will sell you tanks? We have one that will sell any tank you want. I paid $220.00 for my 175 size argon tank, and costs 42 bucks to exchange out for a full one.

Just wondering...
Lincoln MP 210, Lincoln Square Wave 200,
Everlast 210 EXT
Thermal Dynamics 25 Plasma cutter

" Anything that carries your livelihood wants to be welded so that Thor can’t break it."
CJ737

Nick, for what you're doing I would suggest the Victor Medalist 250
Any unit larger then this is overkill IMO, also you will probably need (or want) an additional tip or two for heating, they're not expensive

This past year at work they bought the Performer series (Victor), which only had a 12.5' hose, otherwise it's a nice setup

View at
Cyberweld

ESAB (Victor)

Amazon

You need to know which connector (male or female) is on your acetylene tank as they have 2 different models to order based on that

Victor or Smith, just compare what your getting for the $$, I think their both good products
Richard
Website
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

tungstendipper wrote:You don't have any dealers in your area that will sell you tanks? We have one that will sell any tank you want. I paid $220.00 for my 175 size argon tank, and costs 42 bucks to exchange out for a full one.

Just wondering...
It is an option from my LWS but I don't know if I want to do that just yet and have to move them with me all the time seeing how I'm still in high school which may bring a problem dentin since I am a minor still.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick