Metal cutting - oxyfuel cutting, plasma cutting, machining, grinding, and other preparatory work.
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

MosquitoMoto wrote:
tungstendipper wrote:
Poland308 wrote:How big is the blade? Is it just a regular portaban blade or is it bigger?
You beat me to it. I was going to ask the same thing. Do you mount it on the bench or floor?
Is it bigger than a bread box?
'Longer than a bread box?' Um, I don't know, as I've never owned or seen a bread box! :D

But seriously, the saw is around 700mm (just over 2 feet long in freedom increments). I haven't mounted it anywhere at the moment as I'm happy for it to stay portable. I put it on the bench or floor as need be depending on the size of the job t hand.

Blad length is 1440mm which I think is just shy of 57 inches. The blade I'm staring at is marked '1440X13X8.5 TPI Bialfa Cobalt M42'.

Cheers,

K
"Freedom increments." :lol: reminds me of some post somewhere. Why do Americans use Fahrenheit? Because f is for freedom and the c in Celsius stands for communism. Obviously not true but funny none the less.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

I love me a bit of AVE. Focus you f....
    Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:38 am

weldin mike 27 wrote:I love me a bit of AVE. Focus you f....

Oh hell yes!

It's at the stage in this household that any time any care needs to be taken with a job, my wife and kids chime in "Carefulling....CARE-full- ing!"

K
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Keep your D in a vice?
I have more questions than answers

Josh
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

In his early videos it was keep your stick on the ice. He's regressed a little since then.
OzFlo
    Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:16 pm

Nice one Kym! I have the BS-5S from H&F but I found that it is necessary to set it up properly to make straight cuts. The orientation of material to be cut also seems to have an effect on cut quality.

Flo
tweake
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:53 am

weldin mike 27 wrote:In his early videos it was keep your stick on the ice. He's regressed a little since then.
of course "keep your stick on the ice" is the "proper" saying. which ave spins into his own version like all the others. how he manages to remember them all is a feat in itself.
still freakin funny :D
tweak it until it breaks

OzFlo wrote:Nice one Kym! I have the BS-5S from H&F but I found that it is necessary to set it up properly to make straight cuts. The orientation of material to be cut also seems to have an effect on cut quality.

Flo
Hey Flo, how's it going?

Mine is cutting nice and accurately at the moment, haven't spent any time tuning just yet. For what I need it's doing fine. I was doing 'pie cuts' in exhaust tubing today and needed very little finishing to have the bends ready to be welded up. Pretty happy.

K

tweake wrote:
weldin mike 27 wrote:In his early videos it was keep your stick on the ice. He's regressed a little since then.
of course "keep your stick on the ice" is the "proper" saying. which ave spins into his own version like all the others. how he manages to remember them all is a feat in itself.
still freakin funny :D

I see from today's post that AvE has a new arrival - a son. Now that kid is gonna be brought up right.

K