Metal cutting - oxyfuel cutting, plasma cutting, machining, grinding, and other preparatory work.
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

I went to my local LWS and did some asking about the Msith torch sets I was looking at. My unlce offered to buy one he found for $300 to finish paying me and get a tax ride off but I was looking at one for $211. The difference is a slightly different rosebud a slightly different torch head and up until January 1 had the lifetime warranty and the one I was looking at had only a three year warranty. I found out today due to high expenses in lifetime warranties and keeping up with competition Miller/smith has eliminated the lifetime warranty and switched it to a 5 year warranty for new torches. Not overly thrilled about it but I'm goinf with my dad on Monday to get the torch and rent the tanks some I can't sign anything due to my age...
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Most tools that come with a lifetime warranty already have a disclaimer that it only applies if your not using it commercially. Doesn’t mean the quality is any less.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
Farmwelding

Poland308 wrote:Most tools that come with a lifetime warranty already have a disclaimer that it only applies if your not using it commercially. Doesn’t mean the quality is any less.
And you have to use their tips only. It's still kind of sad to see it happen though.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Nick
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

If used properly and taken care of then the tips that come with it will last for years.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
    Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:09 am

Nick, You will take good care of them, since you own them. I wouldn't worry about the lifetime warranty. Companies are pros of getting out of these warranties anyway. Your torches will NEVER look like the torches at your school!
Lincoln MP 210, Lincoln Square Wave 200,
Everlast 210 EXT
Thermal Dynamics 25 Plasma cutter

" Anything that carries your livelihood wants to be welded so that Thor can’t break it."
CJ737
Farmwelding

tungstendipper wrote:Nick, You will take good care of them, since you own them. I wouldn't worry about the lifetime warranty. Companies are pros of getting out of these warranties anyway. Your torches will NEVER look like the torches at your school!
Yup. I have learned that in the last few years. When you spend a lot of money on something you take care of it. I'm more careful now with my metal use since o started making roses and remembers how expensive steel can be.
Nick