Metal cutting - oxyfuel cutting, plasma cutting, machining, grinding, and other preparatory work.
    Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:10 pm

Anyone tried diamond cutting wheels like this? Or Milwaukee’s version, or Diablo?

Love my zipcuts but figured I’d give these a try. Only problem so far is i need depressed Center wheels for my bigger grinders.
Attachments
E3DBEA37-9483-4DD7-B281-8A53B75C27DD.jpeg
E3DBEA37-9483-4DD7-B281-8A53B75C27DD.jpeg (51.76 KiB) Viewed 1556 times
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

I've seen pictures of what they can do, and yes they cut, but they leave huge burrs and heat up the piece bigtime. They have the advantage of not wearing out easily, but they have the disadvantage of an abrasive disk with the burrs they leave.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

I bought some as new old stock. They are rather terrible, as stated they leave disgusting burrs, are loud and rough. The only thing I can think they are good for is demolition cutting so you can avoid changing a wheel too often.
RPat
    Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:30 pm

Howdy ya'll. I typically use mine to cut into a weld to either reposition the piece or remove it altogether (destruction). I've used the same wheel for a long time and it's still cutting. I agree with the other posts here in that it leaves burrs but when repositioning m piece, I'm typically welding over the leftover mess so it doesn't affect my project that much.
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

I’ve only used mine on stone or tile.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
Jw3
  • Jw3
    Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:07 pm

Be careful with them, I think they have a tendency to bind more so than regular zip wheels. Home Depot sells a Ridgid branded one. I normally keep one around, but prefer using Zip disks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk