Metal cutting - oxyfuel cutting, plasma cutting, machining, grinding, and other preparatory work.
homeboy
    Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:52 pm

My Evosaw380 purchased in June 2016 smoked and blew a breaker on Dec 15 / 2018. I had registered for the 3 yr manufacturers warranty. I called the number and within minutes had an e-mail for collect shipping by Purolator to their repair depot. It was delivered on Dec 17 for repair. This afternoon it landed home with a new armature, gear box and a few other bits and pieces. I am sure it runs better than it has for a long time. Considering Christmas and New Years happened in this time frame their service was top shelf. Bottom line is if anyone looking for a good dry cut saw is concerned about the warranty if my experience is typical you"re in good hands. Just make sure to register on line at purchase. :D I tried my new Diablo Cermet blade, which was in transit when the saw smoked, and it cuts very smooth and fast. Time will tell how it lasts.

Thanks for letting us know, I've eyed this saw for awhile, I would be interested if you would post a review.
Richard
Website
homeboy

LtBadd wrote:Thanks for letting us know, I've eyed this saw for awhile, I would be interested if you would post a review.
This is a real nice well built saw capable of very accurate, clean, fast cuts with proper setup. Don't confuse the 380 with the lighter version with the stamped, not cast, deck and vice. Jody has a video where he compares his lighter version to the 380 while cutting welds for etching and says he would buy the 380 if doing it again. The vice is all heavy duty cast parts and very secure. In 2 1/2 years I never had an issue till now and it seems like a bearing inside failed and damaged a bunch of vitals. Evolution warranty replaced pretty much all the working parts in good time, at no cost to me, no questions asked. Can't beat that. :D
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Thanks for the heads up. I have the cheaper multi-purpose version of this saw that sells for $180, and while it does ok, I'm sure it won't compare to the 380 with the monster 15" blade for MS!

Discount Steel has it for only $359 AND will sell you the 15" blade for only $99 if bought at the time of purchase of the evosaw380! A steal if you ask me, as the blade is about $120 brand new otherwise.

homeboy

A cheap little trick that partly compensates for a 15in blade over the 14in stock blade included is to replace the down travel stopper bolt with a slightly shorter one. That allows more cutting width at the deck. Just make sure you adjust it so it stops before cutting thru the bottom of the chip collector drawer. :roll: I have easily cut 5in flat vertical by putting a spacer against the inner vice jaw so the material clears the gearbox housing. One important thing to extend blade life is to avoid as much as possible cutting heavier material on the flat. A jig is supplied that slips over the outer vice jaw that holds square tubing on a 45 degree angle.
bruce991
    Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:31 pm

My first four or five cuts with my Evolution chop saw went very smooth then I couldn't cut tissue paper. I think I may have hurt the blade somehow. I called the company and they sent me a new blade free of charge, very good customer service.
homeboy

bruce991 wrote:My first four or five cuts with my Evolution chop saw went very smooth then I couldn't cut tissue paper. I think I may have hurt the blade somehow. I called the company and they sent me a new blade free of charge, very good customer service.
Been there, done that! Dulled my first blade in short order cutting a miter on 1/2 X 3in flat on the flat :oops: I also have the Rage 3 sliding compound miter saw which works for flat or wider stock because the blade drops down and cuts upwards more across the stock instead of dropping down like the 380. Fortunately it only costs $20,00 for a sharpening.