Metal cutting - oxyfuel cutting, plasma cutting, machining, grinding, and other preparatory work.
    Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:09 am

Lincoln MP 210, Lincoln Square Wave 200,
Everlast 210 EXT
Thermal Dynamics 25 Plasma cutter

" Anything that carries your livelihood wants to be welded so that Thor can’t break it."
CJ737
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

What ? No metabo blades?
I have more questions than answers

Josh
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

Poland308 wrote:What ? No metabo blades?
Yeah, definitely their “Slicer” blades are my preferred.
    Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:52 am

I've only used the Diablo wheels. I pick them up at HD and have had good luck so far. Lucky me I guess that they did well in the comparison. Would love to know which ones explode the least and then I'll stick with those from now on. All the stories have me fully kitted out when using the death wheel!
    Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:10 pm

Ive yet to find one thatll beat Walter ZipCuts to be honest. good life, and I've never had one explode out of the 100 or so ive used.
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Interesting, but I don't sweat it. I like this cut-off wheel best:

:D

Oscar wrote:Interesting, but I don't sweat it. I like this cut-off wheel best:

:D
Off topic!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Richard
Website

True, but when you have to cut something that thick, then you likely have to do it NOW, and it won't matter what cut-off wheel you find in the nearest hardware store, you're going to buy it no matter what. Just IMO of course.
Toggatug
    Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:06 pm

Anyone else kinda let down that Walter zip wheels aren't in the lineup? I'm curious how they'd stack up

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk

Toggatug wrote:Anyone else kinda let down that Walter zip wheels aren't in the lineup? I'm curious how they'd stack up

Yeah i wonder how they stack up. I guess maybe they’re not as easy to get from a hardware store o don’t know. I get mine from my welder supply
Toggatug

JayWal wrote:
Toggatug wrote:Anyone else kinda let down that Walter zip wheels aren't in the lineup? I'm curious how they'd stack up

Yeah i wonder how they stack up. I guess maybe they’re not as easy to get from a hardware store o don’t know. I get mine from my welder supply
My beat guess is there a Quebec HQ'd company and perhaps haven't broken into the American market fully.

Probably alot easier for us up here in canuckistan to get them.

All I know is I've tried all sorts of different waltrr products and have never been disappointed.

The one time I bought a drill it set and gave them to my brother to use. Somehow two broke from just touching them to the workpiece (brother swears he was using them proper etc)

Anyways I emailed walter about it and they mailed me a full replacement set free of charge with no questions asked. They didn't even want a picture of the bit or anything. They said to keep the first set or toss them it was my choice.

Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

We have lots of Walter stuff down here there a good option in my book as well.
I have more questions than answers

Josh

About 9 months ago I asked him to do a video on cut off wheels. To my surprise he did it! After seeing it, I then asked him to include Metabo, and Walter wheels. So let's see if he does it. Guys, write in a comment, below the video, and request what wheel you'd like to see. He has always replies back to my comments, I'm sure he'll reply back to your comments.
Everlast 210 EXT

" Anything that carries your livelihood wants to be welded so that Thor can’t break it."
CJ737
Toggatug

tungstendipper wrote:About 9 months ago I asked him to do a video on cut off wheels. To my surprise he did it! After seeing it, I then asked him to include Metabo, and Walter wheels. So let's see if he does it. Guys, write in a comment, below the video, and request what wheel you'd like to see. He has always replies back to my comments, I'm sure he'll reply back to your comments.
Or perhaps we just need to mail him the wheels we want to see in the race ahahaha.

Toggatug wrote:
tungstendipper wrote:About 9 months ago I asked him to do a video on cut off wheels. To my surprise he did it! After seeing it, I then asked him to include Metabo, and Walter wheels. So let's see if he does it. Guys, write in a comment, below the video, and request what wheel you'd like to see. He has always replies back to my comments, I'm sure he'll reply back to your comments.
Or perhaps we just need to mail him the wheels we want to see in the race ahahaha.

Many people do this. He always uses those donations.
Everlast 210 EXT

CJ737
    Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:39 pm

I’ve been using Lenox diamond wheels. Pretty happy with them. Plus side the don’t get smaller with use. Down side they don’t do well after falling off the table while attached to a grinder. Get wobbly. Got from amazon for $11.
If you have to grind your welds to make them look good, you are a grinder not a welder. I own 3 grinders.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

I found the diamond wheels rough and noisy. The best thing I can think of for them is demolition cutting, do you don't keep wearing out abrasive wheels.

All the best, mick

From what I've seen the diamond wheels leave too many burrs as they heat up the steel so much it ends up almost as dross on the underside, instead of "sparking" away like abrasive wheels.

weldin mike 27 wrote:I found the diamond wheels rough and noisy. The best thing I can think of for them is demolition cutting, do you don't keep wearing out abrasive wheels.

All the best, mick
I agree, bought 1, used it maybe a few times. I’ve used it more for getting millscale out of a tight spot than actually cutting. Works good for that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Mine was supposed to say "so you don't wear out abrasive wheels" good to know that others feel the same. I know you usually have to clean up a grinder cut afterwards, but those are getting a little bit extreme
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

For long cuts I've found I really like 7-1/4" circular saw blades.

On the gun turret project I did, I only used 1 blade for all the 1/4" straight cuts.
That a lot of linear feet for 1 blade :)
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.

MinnesotaDave wrote:For long cuts I've found I really like 7-1/4" circular saw blades.

On the gun turret project I did, I only used 1 blade for all the 1/4" straight cuts.
Same, I bought a Milwaukee cordless metal circular saw, that thing rocks for anything straight, or tubing. Stuff like 1/8 sheet metal, awesome.

Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

JayWal wrote:
MinnesotaDave wrote:For long cuts I've found I really like 7-1/4" circular saw blades.

Same, I bought a Milwaukee cordless metal circular saw, that thing rocks for anything straight, or tubing. Stuff like 1/8 sheet metal, awesome.

I didn't buy a special saw, just bought the fancy Diablo blade and used a 25 year old skill saw. :)
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

Most standard saws tend to have rather high RPM for metal unless you can find the real old model ( can't recall number ) with the worm drive but I not seen one about in a long time - think they long since vanished due to the double insulation safety Nazis ! the diamond blades do have a niche use - they are very good when having to cut the cement lined cast iron water mains - I've used them freehand on various grinders but our local water company also had a dedicated air powered machine that clamped on using a chain & drove itself round the pipe much like some of the weld prep machines do.