Metal cutting - oxyfuel cutting, plasma cutting, machining, grinding, and other preparatory work.
Fly
  • Fly
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:07 am

I bought a $150 Acetetyne torch set off Amazon. I know it is a cheap one, but its just for my home shop.
It works well till I try the rose bud. After adjusting it & then start heating it pops & goes out. I noticed it
also gets hot. I had it set 7 psi gas & 15 psi Oxg. It must be my settings, can some one help?

Fly :roll:
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

You need to tell us a lot more. What size rose bud is it? better yet, can you just post up the actual link for the product you purchased? What size acetylene tank are you running? What told you to set it at 7psi fuel and 15 psi oxygen? The instructions? Did you arrive at those settings from actually setting the neutral flame? LOTS of details you have not disclosed yet.
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Rose buds need more pressure. I’d be around 10-13 on the acetylene and maybe up 25 to 35 on the oxy. Depending on the rose bud. They vary a lot depending on the size of the torch handle and the size of the head.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
snoeproe
    Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:37 am

I was going to say 10 and 30 for regulator pressures for a rose bud.
RockwellSlagger
    Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:00 pm

The rosebud requires a lot of gas, and I mean a lot. You need a nuetral flame and you have to follow same procedure as setting up a welding torch ie. featherd flame and then adjust to nuetral. Don't be scared to really crank it up. Also I have had tanks from Airgas namely that like to fluctuate for some reason so if you notice any movement on your gauges. If all is well this is pretty full proof.
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

rockwellslagger, you seem to great at responding to threads where the original poster never comes back. at all. :lol: