Metal cutting - oxyfuel cutting, plasma cutting, machining, grinding, and other preparatory work.
UniqueTouch
    Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:27 pm

Hey guys. Finally got my hands on some pipe. Cut a bunch of coupons out but having an issue with beveling it and still keeping it square. The pipe thickness is .250
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

UniqueTouch wrote:Hey guys. Finally got my hands on some pipe. Cut a bunch of coupons out but having an issue with beveling it and still keeping it square. The pipe thickness is .250
what are you using to bevel it?

What is the material?
Richard
Website
cwby
    Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:07 pm

Get a rap-a-round. Mark a good square line around the pipe, cut off pipe about a wall thickness past the mark, use a grinder to cut the bevel back to the mark. Should get you pretty close without a beveling machine.
UniqueTouch

appreciate it. I ended up using masking tape until I get what i ordered delivered (wrap around). I am def getting better at it. Didn't get a chance to weld it today. Just poured and poured so i figured Id just prep pipe. I removed the mill scale on the outisde about 1/4-1/2 inch from the edge. I am wondering what to do next with the inside of the pipe. I only had a little wire brush attachment about an inch wide that i put on my cordless drill to brush the inside of the pipe but it did not do much. I don't what to use to remove any of the scale from inside there. I would like to get it really clean prior to welding.
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

https://www.grainger.com/product/447T02 ... gJ5h_D_BwE

Use these on a end grinder or a drill. Works best for the outside and the inside. Then use a flap disc on a 4-1/2 grinder for the bevel.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
    Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:10 pm

Or if you want more aggressive you can get hard rock or "cone stones" for a grinder. Made for grinding inside pipe.

https://www.grainger.com/mobile/product ... arentimage$

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Yup, I recommended those :)

[QUOTE=Oscar;n2929228]

Look for these at your hardware and/or LWS:

[/QUOTE]

Oscar wrote:Yup, I recommended those :)

Look for these at your hardware and/or LWS:
Fixed that for you Oscar
Richard
Website
UniqueTouch

just ordered a couple 2x3 inch cone stones. whatever the correct name is. Should be here thursday cant wait. Going to rain all day tomorrow again unfortunately but will get back to it thursday.