Metal cutting - oxyfuel cutting, plasma cutting, machining, grinding, and other preparatory work.
pauliner
    Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:55 pm

Hello Everyone,

Could anyone help identify what brand of cutting tip this would be? I need to find a replacement but there's no indication of the make. I am hoping that one or more of you with experience with torches could help me.

Thanks,
Pauline
Attachments
photo.jpg
photo.jpg (100.79 KiB) Viewed 1485 times
john.pruette

hello pauliner
I cant tell what brand it is but one thing that might help you is what you have there is a braizing tip not a cuting tip
good luck
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

The design of the knobs suggest this is a Victor torch, probably an older hobby/light duty unit.

John's right, that's a small welding/brazing head and tip. You need a cutting head on the torch body before you discuss cutting tips. Also, I'm not sure that model has built-in flashback arrestors, so you might consider adding them.

Your local welding supply should be able to positively ID it for you, and hook you up with the parts you need.

Steve
pauliner
    Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:55 pm

Thank you very much for your responses John and Steve.

I am in the Bahamas, I do not believe the welders here have a shop to purchase parts, so I need to look on line to purchase this part but I have no idea what brand I am looking for.

So, my next question is...after I have identified this part, can anyone recommend a reliable online source which I may make a purchase from?

Pauline.
Ultralow787
    Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:30 pm

I was going to suggest "Harris" as the brand from the looks of the barrel. I don't even see check valves on the torch. There could be flashback arresters at the regulators though. There should be some markings on the torch barrel thought that would identify it as either Harris or Victor. The tip size would be stamped into the actual copper tip as a number. Probably 2 through 5?

The other possibility is that this torch is from Harbor Freight Tools and is a Victor knock off?
Perfection is impossible, but if you strive for perfection, excellence is obtainable!

1983 Canox "Sparkler" 225 AC Stick Welder
Hobart 210 MVP MIG Welder
Harris "Spitfire" Oxy-Acetylene Set