Metal cutting - oxyfuel cutting, plasma cutting, machining, grinding, and other preparatory work.
krl
  • krl
    Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:12 pm

I have been using an Evo Rage4 saw lately. It works fine, but the first blade lasted max 100cuts on hollow(1,5-2mm wall) tubing, before it gets too dull to use any more. Fortunatelly these small discs are quite cheap, so for non-comercial use, its not bad. Just need to keep a stock of these blades.
BugHunter
    Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:54 pm

The blade that comes with it is not intended for thin wall tubing so you should probably just invest in a blade better suited to that. At least if that's what you're going to mostly do. Either that or you need to really work on holding firmly as you drop the blade so you can control the feed rate and not try to cut quite so fast. There is a proper feed rate and you don't want to go too slow or too fast.
krl
  • krl
    Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:12 pm

Do You know, what are these stock blades meant for, and what blade is suitable for cutting tubes?
homeboy
    Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:52 pm

krl wrote:Do You know, what are these stock blades meant for, and what blade is suitable for cutting tubes?
I got a similar blade in my Evolution 10" compound mitre saw and only used it for 1 test cut on 1"sqare tubing :o You need more teeth. Evolution and Diablo make good blades.
BugHunter

krl wrote:Do You know, what are these stock blades meant for, and what blade is suitable for cutting tubes?
Earlier in the thread Oscar shows a picture of the Diablo blade he has which I think has 90 teeth. That one is intended for thinner material. I purchased one of those but it's never been on my saw. I only got mine recently and I have not done much with it.

I want to say the blade that comes with the saw is intended for quarter-inch or greater material. Don't quote me on that but I think that is the suggested use. I will tell you I have cut lots of thinner stuff but I make it a point to really control the feed so it can't bite into the part. Same thing goes for my bandsaw. It really isn't supposed to be cutting thin wall stuff but I'll do it if I do it really slow.
homeboy

I recently cut off a piece of aluminium evestrough dounspout with a 14" x 72T Diablo blade. Just needed a bit of burr clean up on the back side of the cut. :D
BugHunter

I bet that sounded nice! :lol:
homeboy

BugHunter wrote:I bet that sounded nice! :lol:
Happened so fast I actually never noticed! :P