Metal cutting - oxyfuel cutting, plasma cutting, machining, grinding, and other preparatory work.

From a recent NYC CNC factory tour, CR Onsrud Factory Tour | American Made CNC Routers & Machining Centers.

"CR Onsrud builds incredible 3, 4, & 5-axis CNC routers, Mills, and CNC machining centers the American way and they are NOT your typical routers."

If you watch the video you'll actually see larger blades being used, quite amazing.
Annotation 2020-08-21 120659.jpg
Annotation 2020-08-21 120659.jpg (28.9 KiB) Viewed 939 times
Richard
Website
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Cool. Link for the video?

Richard
Website
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

That is massive! And probably costs an arm and a leg! A 16" carbide tipped blade is around $450, that thing has to be $2k+! I want one for my Evolution Rage 2 saw! :D :lol: They also showcase a 36" blade. :o

If I remember the motor is like 50hp, the larger blades 36" and 42" are used while cutting miters thru ~6" material
Richard
Website
TraditionalToolworks
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:49 am

Oscar wrote:A 16" carbide tipped blade is around $450
Takes quite a machine to spin a 16" blade. I have a Yates-American G-89 table saw, it can spin an 18" blade, but Yates-American only recommended a 16" blade on it due to the speed of the 5HP direct drive 3600 rpm motor.

I have a bunch of Leitz 14" rip blades I got a deal on, and the vendor bored out the center to fit my saw. I also have some 16" crosscut and combo blades, all of them are Leitz and all of them are carbide. I can only get 3-1/8" cut with the 14" blades, 4-1/8" with a 16" blade, and 5-1/8" cut with an 18" blade. When you start getting into wood that thick, it's safer to use a large bandsaw, IMO.
Collector of old Iron!

Alan