Metal cutting - oxyfuel cutting, plasma cutting, machining, grinding, and other preparatory work.
squibb%
    Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:43 pm

hi all, just joined today i am new to welding & even newer to plasma cutter ordered my first plasma machine today, primeweld cut50dp & i need advise

it has a ag-60 pilot arc torch.
do nozzles & electrodes come with different size holes. ? and if so what size hole is for what. ?
do drag tips come in different sizes and for cutting what thickness. ?
are any consumables better than others. ?
is one torch head any better than another. ?
i am sure to a lot of your experienced users these are dum questions , but to a dummy like me , not so.

ordered my unit today will be here this friday, what service..

thank you all in advance for your advise and suggestions much appreciated

if this is in the wrong please move it

squibb old gray and in the way....
squibb
BugHunter
    Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:54 pm

Friday is Christmas so I wouldn't count on seeing it then. Good luck with the new machine, Welcome to The Forum. Sorry I don't have an answer to a single one of your questions. LOL
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

I searched it on Google and quickly found that there are different nozzles available. 40A/0.9mm, 50A/1.0mm, and 60A/1.2mm. It is my guess that you can go smaller (with the corresponding reduction in amperage), but going larger will de-constrict the arc, reducing the cutting thickness capability. From what I can tell from Google Searching, most if not all will come from China. Electrodes don't have holes. Torch heads do vary in quality from brand-to-brand. Some people go as far as transplanting Hypertherm torches onto their non-Hypertherm plasma cutters, since they claim that even though the torch is not designed for the non-HT plasma cutter, the increase in consumable life and reliability from using authentic Hypertherm consumables is still better than their original torches, and more than worth it. This is from what I have read from others who have actually done the swap(s).

Your best consumable friend is something like this: https://usaweld.com/products/htp-americ ... ax-dry-xxl . Any moisture in the air eats up potential cutting power that can otherwise be had with clean, dry air.
    Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:53 pm

[quote="squibb%"]hi all, just joined today i am new to welding & even newer to plasma cutter ordered my first plasma machine today, primeweld cut50dp & i need advise

it has a ag-60 pilot arc torch.
do nozzles & electrodes come with different size holes. ? and if so what size hole is for what. ?
do drag tips come in different sizes and for cutting what thickness. ?
are any consumables better than others. ?
is one torch head any better than another. ?
i am sure to a lot of your experienced users these are dum questions , but to a dummy like me , not so.

ordered my unit today will be here this friday, what service..

thank you all in advance for your advise and suggestions much appreciated

if this is in the wrong please move it

I ordered my consumables from prime weld to avoid the guessing. I rarely use a plasma cutter but if you feed the prime weld clean dry air it is pretty impressive. I will warn you that out of three units I have had all three had air leaks due to the cheesy fittings but to save a thousand bucks or more it is worth replacing a few fittings.
the heck with the duty cycle on the welder, tell me about the duty cycle on that grinder !!
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

So, how is it?
squibb%
    Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:43 pm

thank you ...oscar & grandaddy just finished { today } putting together & modifying my plasma cutting table have not had much of a chance to use the plasma cutter altho i did very briefly today wow never used one before somewhat intimidating all the sparks & all the power it has WOW .

I will try to use it sat. as i am redoing my welding cart. i searched google & did not find much about nozzles, tips & such
but you know what to look for .

thank you both for the wealth of info. i will continue to search around & ask dum questions. this is the site where i will get the help & answers i need.
will post soon how my venture on sat. & sun. work out. nor am i a typer in school i spent to much time dipper the girls pigtails in the ink bottle,,

thanks again
more advise please

squibb do not know how to do pix.
squibb