Metal cutting - oxyfuel cutting, plasma cutting, machining, grinding, and other preparatory work.
squibb%
    Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:43 pm

can you extend the length of a plasma torch { lead, cable whatever it1s called } say from 12ft. to 20 ft'.

thanks
squibb
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

squibb% wrote:can you extend the length of a plasma torch { lead, cable whatever it1s called } say from 12ft. to 20 ft'.

thanks
Could I do it, sure. I'm 99.99999% positive I could.
squibb%

ok let me rephrase question.
how would one go about extending the plasma torch lead from say 12ft. to 20ft. on ag60 pilot arc

i am new to plasma cutting & the forum just getting my first unit monday primeweld cut50dp. do not know the correct terms of what to call the parts.
i am here to learn & ask questions from those that know..

thanks
squibb
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

What I would attempt is to create an 'extension cord' of sorts. I am not familiar with your specific torch so I have no idea what your cable terminations are/look like, but what I would do is replicate whatever needs to be replicated. Kinda like an extension cord going into your wall outlet. Your appliance has [some kind of] male connector, and the wall outlet receptacle has the other matching female version. An extension cord, on one end, replicates the wall outlet so you plug in your appliance there. On the other end of the extension cord, it replicates the appliance's original male configuration so as to be able to plug into the wall outlet. Use that scenario to create a paralleled version, except now you have to think of your specific torches connections/plugs/etc/etc and how to lengthen them. If you were to post up some pictures of your torch's actual cable terminations, I'm sure you'll get some more specific recommendations.
squibb%

after i get my unit & check it out i will do as you suggested.

thank you, thankyou for the information.
squibb