Metal cutting - oxyfuel cutting, plasma cutting, machining, grinding, and other preparatory work.
    Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:49 pm

I have a Milwaukee metal cutting circular saw, I've only ever used Milwaukee "General Purpose" metal cutting blades in it.
My saw is like this one, only beat up and dirty.
milwaukee-6370-21-8-quot-metal-cutting-circular-saw-kit-28.jpg
milwaukee-6370-21-8-quot-metal-cutting-circular-saw-kit-28.jpg (52.07 KiB) Viewed 2978 times
I need to order some more 8" blades and this time I'd like to get something for aluminum plate, steel plate up to that 1/4"-5/16" range, and a blade for thinner steel plate 16 gauge maybe 20 if possible.
This is all hobby level fooling around use for me, I have a horizontal bandsaw, I use the circular saw for stuff that doesn't fit in my bandsaw, so far all plate. I don't recall ever cutting any structural shapes.

With the Milwaukee blades I've never sharpened them, there are always enough carbide teeth missing I was sure that it wouldn't pay to send them to the saw shop.

I was eyeing up the Freud Diablo blades, for the money their wood blades are decent so I assume the metal version ain't too shabby either. But I know the carbide size on the wood ones is small so you can't get many sharpening's out of them, but again I'm knocking the teeth off anyway. Which I always assumed is a symptom of freehand cutting steel.

Or am I better off looking at something from Poplar Tools or Carbide Processors, Peak Tool, a more industrial blade so I can get a few regrinds?
Or am I just going to screw them up by knocking the teeth off too?

Got any suggestions or opinions on what to get or what to stay away from?
Several Oxy fuel setups
eelman308
    Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:34 pm

Never tried 'em, but reviews are great for Evolution saws and blades.

See Amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=evolution+bl ... _sb_noss_1

Might find better pricing elsewhere
homeboy
    Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:52 pm

Can't speak for the 8in blades but I have had very good service from both the Evolution and Diablo 14in blades. As too how many times they can be sharpened that depends on how badly the blade is beat up. I normally get 5-6 sharpenings before the blade is worn out for example. On the chop saw busted teeth is usually caused by starting the cut before the blade is up to full RPM or stock not properly clamped.
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:49 pm

Oscar wrote:You can find some info here:

https://forum.weldingtipsandtricks.com/ ... 29&t=15559
Thanks!

I searched before I posted, but I missed that thread somehow.

I think I'll try some Diablo blades.

I'm kinda mad, this spring my miserable 30 year old 4X6 bandsaw crapped out and I bought a new Femi, which is very nice, but I'm wishing I would've bought a dry cut instead. I didn't even think about it, old habits I guess.
Several Oxy fuel setups