Metal cutting - oxyfuel cutting, plasma cutting, machining, grinding, and other preparatory work.
Spartan
    Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:59 pm

Looking to add vibratory tumbling capability to my shop. Been researching it a bit, but not a lot of clear answers on the web.

For general deburring of mostly small steel parts that have been cut/machined/drilled, anybody have a preference for the plastic media vs. the ceramic media? I'd think the ceramic would last longer, but seems to be some conflicting info on that.

Any thoughts on that or best practices in general would be appreciated.
BugHunter
    Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:54 pm

I have one here. I've personally never used it since I've been here. I recall one time it was used but that was over a decade ago.

I got some items in LTL a few years back and there was media all over the pallets. Evidently someone had shipped a bunch of it and the bags broke, pouring it all over my skids. That's in the landfill now. :D
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

I think there is a balance between the aggressive ceramic and the plastic impregnated with grit. How long it lasts is relative. The harder ceramic I think will round off the sharp corners faster, but not sure if that’s what you want accomplished.
I have more questions than answers

Josh