Metal cutting - oxyfuel cutting, plasma cutting, machining, grinding, and other preparatory work.
Jakedaawg
    Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:45 pm

Just like the tittle. Can someone link to a good thread about which plasma to buy?

Criteria:
1. absolutely no China.

2. Hopefully cut and pierce .083 to .250 Al.

3. Preferably name brand. It's for my shop, I dont want a discount offshore thing.

4. It would be nice if could someday be installed in a plasma table.

4. Hopefully my 10hp Saylor Beal compressor is good enough.
Miller Dynasty 280 DX, Lincoln 210 MP, More tools than I have boxes for and a really messy shop.
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

Thermal Dynamics CutMaster 40
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

TD, Miller, Hypertherm, HTP, they all offer pretty good stuff. Always price out consumables, always.
Weld ON
    Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:09 pm

Jakedaawg wrote:Just like the tittle. Can someone link to a good thread about which plasma to buy?

Criteria:
1. absolutely no China.

2. Hopefully cut and pierce .083 to .250 Al.

3. Preferably name brand. It's for my shop, I dont want a discount offshore thing.

4. It would be nice if could someday be installed in a plasma table.

4. Hopefully my 10hp Saylor Beal compressor is good enough.

Im last person which can say something is good from china especialy welding machine but be honest i dont like stahlwer because i have one welding machine too ( using as step ) but i have plasma CUT 70 and without problem 20mm plate or 10mm alu , im going to use for my CNC plasma project , for plasma you need about 3-5 Bar and minimum 80L/min i have 250l/min and using about 125l/min for long cutting for sort you will be good with 80L/min. That plasma cost 500eur and only thing what you need to change is main power cable, Is with autopilot and im using for last 2y . When i say is good then is good for sure coz i like stuff like ESAB , Fronius and other world know brands ...:). I have Powermax 65 too but are you sure you going to spend ... have look

https://www.weldersupply.com/C/477/HyperthermPowermax65

https://www.stahlwerk-schweissgeraete.d ... t-zuendung