Metal cutting - oxyfuel cutting, plasma cutting, machining, grinding, and other preparatory work.
croshaul
    Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:58 am

I have what I believe is a Harris torch. It has no markings at all for ID. My problem is the air valve allows air to flow constantly. I took the valve out and it appears to me that there are pieces missing. It's a nice torch and it's much lighter than the Airco torches I've used and I'd like to make it right.
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

It is possible to id a torch by shape and things like casting shapes or sometimes numbers of ribs or groves can be the key. But you will likely need to have good pictures that you can send to a rebuild company or the manufacturer for an answer.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
Toggatug
    Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:06 pm

I'd be looking for a rebuilder in your area.

My local rebuilder charges $45 to clean/disassemble a torch and let you know what parts it needs to be functional and more importantly to be safe in your hands.

They didnt even ask for make and model of torch. Just a flat 45 per setup to be checked out.

The few torches I've sent their way didn't even need parts. Just needed thorough cleanings from the abuse they see over the years.

When we got the torch back you couldnt tell the difference between it and a new torch is how clean they got everything inside+outside

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

croshaul
    Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:58 am

I took a chance and ordered some parts and they didn't fit. I ended up buying a 72-3 head cheaper than what I was paying for parts that don't fit. The head I got is in great shape. I did alright.