Metal cutting - oxyfuel cutting, plasma cutting, machining, grinding, and other preparatory work.
sbaker56
    Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:12 am

Not that Cubitron resin discs aren't already hard enough to get ahold of as is if you don't buy a whole case of 25. But the things are absolutely amazing. I am aware of their 982 CX pro version which susposedly cuts even faster but I've been entirely unsuccessful in finding out where to actually buy the dang things.

I've noticed Jody is selling the Walter Xcavator XX discs, which supposedly outperform the cubitron discs if their in house testing can be trusted, Now I despise hard rocks, because I'm used to the hardware store ones that'll last forever at the expense of you having to grind forever as well, but If anyone has compared them I'd love to hear about it.

So just any recommendations for me before I either make a 150 mile round trip to the LWS that carries them or order a case?
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

So what did you end up going with? I'm still a fan of the 982c's but will eventually transition to the 982cx pro.
Toggatug
    Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:06 pm

Ive got a box of Walter excavator's from years back when I thought they'd disappear like the cheapies did.

They definitely remove material quickly. Never used 3m cubitron so I can't really make the comparison.

I would say though my go to is still just a resin sanding disc made by either Walter or Pferd. Both remove material in quite the hurry and with the Walter turbo disc (orange ones) it actually takes a bit of effort to gum them up with goopy paints or sticky things.