Metal cutting - oxyfuel cutting, plasma cutting, machining, grinding, and other preparatory work.
Joe
  • Joe
    Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:52 pm

Help,
Hi gang. It's been a while since being on the forum. I couldn't find a specific place for questions about plasma cutting so hope this is okay.
I have an Everlast PowerPro 205 multiprocess machine that I bought a little over a year ago. I haven't used it much but now I need the plasma cutting function. The manual I've got doesn't give any charts for cutting speed vs material thickness or vs amperage. The manual just says set air pressure and amperage appropriately.
I'm in the process of getting on the Everlast forum, but did some searching on the net in the mean time and didn't find anything more specific. Can anyone here help with suggested settings for 1/4" mild steel, or tell me where to look?
thanks,
Joe
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hi there,

Try this, its not exactly specific, but it might help.

http://www.everlastgenerators.com/plasma-cutter.php

Mick
Joe
  • Joe
    Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:52 pm

Thanks, Mick. I finally got around to calling Everlast and the tech support guy got me going with 60 to 65 psi of air and cranking the amps up high as it will go. I'm doing pretty well on material up to 1/2 inch. I want to cut some 5/8" and am having a little trouble keeping the cut going, but I figure some practice will improve me there.
Joe