Metal cutting - oxyfuel cutting, plasma cutting, machining, grinding, and other preparatory work.
klutchdust
    Thu May 31, 2012 10:51 am

I can buy brand new for a grand but the down side is it has the machine torch.My thoughts are to purchase a new hand torch to replace the machine one. I assume the only difference in machines is the torch? Only found one place offering replacement torches. Pretty basic to replace one? I figure putting the machine torch to auction to recoup some of my money. For around 1400 i have a new machine plus what i can get for the torch?
rankamateur
    Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:49 am

I am not sure what you can get for your torch, but I can assure you on most plasmas changing the torch is no harder than changing a MIG gun. When we first got our plasma table, we ran our TD Cutmaster 51 on it as we were only processing 16ga, so we switched from one torch to the other three or four times a day with no problems. Be sure to price your torch before you buy, as some of those torches get pricey and can quickly change your bargain into a money-pit.
klutchdust
    Thu May 31, 2012 10:51 am

I ordered a torch from a welding supply online for 385 delivered. With the cost of the unit plus the new torch I am still under the 1600 for a new cutting unit PLUS i have the brand new machine torch for sale on e bay. Lincoln wants 615 for the machine torch,retail.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Congatulations!

I'll pass along some advice (whether you need it or not), that was hashed out on another thread. Dry, oil free air. Having the proper dryers and separators in your air supply will make a big difference in use of consumables, as well as work to clean your cut lines.

Steve