Metal cutting - oxyfuel cutting, plasma cutting, machining, grinding, and other preparatory work.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Don't turn it backward for anything but thin sheet to maybe 1/4" Al plate. You'll just pull teeth off. A coarse carbide blade, with teeth set as a rip-saw (vs. crosscut) does work very well, but for 1", it'll take patience, letting the blade do the work and not forcing it.

I wonder if and how tkimbrell got this project done? He never posted back with his results.

Steve S
    Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:22 pm

The new "Dual Saws", are great for cutting aluminium plate. I have used one for about a year and have had favorable results. They are inexpensive and usually on sale in a lot of the wearhouse stores, COSTCO, SAMS CLUB, ect. You can cut up to a 1-1/4" plate, the only thing you really need worry about is kick back, it should really not become an issue if you hold the saw tight and let the saw do the cutting. Don't force it! WD40 works great as a lubricant and prevents galling, just a tip from and old machinist.
    Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:09 pm

Call me crazy, but i use a Milwaukee circular saw. The blades are cheap, cuts super straight, and is quick! Just dont forget a face shield and appropriate body covering, the shavings are ruthless!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
GreinTime
    Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:20 am

Nah man, I won't call you crazy. I called Braehill crazy until I tried it myself, and it works like a dream as long as your not an idiot. Granted, I didn't cut 1" plate, but it still worked like a dream.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-
Antorcha
    Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:57 am

I cut 1x3 y 1x4 6061 in my Milwaukee miter saw using a carbide tipped blade. I cut 1/4 inch sheet aluminum on a plain old table saw.Protect yourself ! That chit flies EVERYWHERE.You could take a REAL circular saw(15A worm drive) and cut that plate up quick and straight.Support it well. That plate shouldn't move at all. You don't just let the drop fall like a pice of wood :shock: